Dear Region II Colleagues:
Region II is pleased to announce a call for nominations for the following positions:
- Chair-Elect, Region II
2. Treasurer-Elect, Region II
- Regionally Elected Member to the National Board
Nominations must be received by Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
Description of the Offices
1. Chair-Elect: The Chair-Elect will serve a one-year term beginning on January 1, 2017. The Chair-Elect will:
- Chair the Volunteer and New Member Committee
- Serve as Region II’s Volunteer Coordinator
- Serve on the Region II Steering Committee
- Assist the Chair in the planning of regional meetings and activities, supporting the Steering Committee and other Committees as requested, and the general activities of the Region
- Complete the remaining term if the Chair is unable to complete the term
At the end of the one-year term, the Chair-Elect will assume the office of Chair for a one-year term beginning January 1, 2018. The Chair is the chief executive officer of the Region and is empowered to conduct activities in consultation with the other Officers and the Regional Steering Committee. The Chair will:
- Call and chair meetings of the Region
- Serve as Chair of the Regional Steering Committee
- Provide articles about regional activities for the NCURA National Magazine, submit E-Blasts on behalf of the Region to the National Office for distribution, and support other Regional communication initiatives
- Support and encourage activities of the Region’s Standing Committees
- Appoint members to Regional Standing Committees and can create ad hoc, special purpose committees as needed
- Fill vacancies in regional offices (subject to the concurrence of a majority of the Regional Steering Committee)
- Provide training and support to the Chair-Elect to insure a smooth transition from one year to the next
- Generally direct the activities of the Region.
The Chair shall be responsible for organizing one spring regional meeting during his/her term, and may delegate to one or more Program Chairs.
- Treasurer-Elect: The Treasurer-Elect will serve a one-year term beginning on January 1, 2017. The Treasurer-Elect will:
- Serve on the Region II Steering Committee
- Assist the Treasurer as needed in preparing budget reports, facilitating the finances associated with the Region’s Professional Development Committee workshop offerings, securing the annual spring meeting site and contract negotiation, prepare the following year’s budget for submission to the National Office
- Complete the remaining term if the Treasurer is unable to complete the term.
At the end of the one-year term, the Treasurer-Elect assumes the office of Treasurer for a one-year term beginning January 1, 2018. The Treasurer is the first person authorized to sign checks drawn upon the regional account. The Treasurer will:
- Maintain the financial records of the Region
- Serve as financial liaison to the NCURA National Office and NCURA Officers, prepare the end-of-fiscal year report to the National Office, submit the Regional budget to the National Office, and prepare and submit other reports and information as required or requested by the National Office or NCURA Officers
Chair the Site Selection Committee
- Oversee the finances associated with the Region’s Professional Development Committee workshop offerings
- Administer the annual spring meeting registration as well as other regional programming registrations
- Collect, deposit and disburse Regional funds
- Provide training and support to the Treasurer-Elect to insure a smooth transition from one year to the next
- Provide the Chair with all the information and documentation required by the Chair for reports to the National Office.
- Regionally Elected Member to the National Board: The Regionally Elected Member to the National Board will serve a two-year term beginning January 1, 2017. The Regionally Elected Member to the National Board will:
- Actively support the missions and goals of NCURA. In concert with the other Directors, control and direct the affairs of the Council and determine its policies.
- Attend NCURA Board meetings which occur not less than twice annually
- Review of all minutes, reports, special studies, petitions, and other documents brought before or provided to the Board.
- Participation in special non-routine Board working groups as needed.
- Liaison with Board appointed Task Forces as assigned.
- Design, deliberate and approve new policies and changes to existing policies as appropriate for the mission of the Council.
- Time involved annually averages 2 hours per week, including about four days for attendance at Board Meetings.
Full descriptions of each Officer position can be found in the Region II Administrative Policies & Procedures (http://ncuraregionii.org/about/)
The Nomination Process
You may nominate yourself or someone else. Please send name and contact information, along with a short statement of why you feel the prospective nominee would succeed as a regional officer for the nominated position. Also include a brief description of his or her past NCURA activities.
Please forward this information to my attention at: email@example.com. Nominations will be accepted until Tuesday, May 10, 2016. Following the close of nominations, nominees will be notified and asked if they agree to stand for election pending the final selection of candidates. Those who are interested will be asked to submit a brief statement of interest and bio statement.
The Leadership Development and Nominating Committee will review and select candidates and the final slate will be confirmed by the Steering Committee. All candidates will be notified if they have been selected before the ballot is released to the Regional Membership.
This is a great opportunity for Region II members to assume a leadership role within the Region and to contribute to our professional association.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Jill A. Frankenfield
Immediate Past Chair, Region II
Chair, Region II Leadership Development and Nominating Committee