Click here for prior years’ awardees.
Distinguished Service Awards:
The Distinguished Service Award is an annual award to recognize members of NCURA Region II who have made sustained and significant contributions to the Region. Up to three awards may be given in any one year.
The Leadership Development and Nominating Committee (LDNC) invite nominations for this award. The Awardees will be recognized at the annual Region II Spring Meeting in in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on May 1 through 4, 2016. The deadline for nominations is March 15, 2016.
A candidate for the Region II Distinguished Service Award:
- Must be a current or past member of NCURA at an institution located in Region II, and
- Must have made a significant contribution to Region II.
- Current Region II Officers and Region II Standing Committee Chairs and Co-Chairs are ineligible for nomination for the Region II Distinguished Service Award
Region II Distinguished Service Award — Nomination Process
A complete nomination packet consists of:
- A letter of nomination detailing the nominee’s sustained and significant contributions to Region II of NCURA, and
- Two additional letters of support from individuals familiar with the nominee’s contributions to Region II of NCURA.
Complete nomination packets must be received no later than March 15, 2016 to receive consideration for the Region II Distinguished Service Award. There will be no extensions.
Nomination packets should be submitted to the attention of Jill A. Frankenfield, Chair, Leadership Development and Nominating Committee at email@example.com. Final selection of the awardees will be by the Region II Steering Committee.
Region II is pleased to announce the availability of two Travel Awards for attendance at the Regional Meeting in Saratoga Springs, NY, April 30 – May 3, 2017 as well as two Travel Awards for attendance at the 59th NCURA National Meeting in Washington, DC, August 6 – 9, 2017.
The awards will reimburse travel, registration and hotel expenses up to $1,000 each for two research administrators for the Philadelphia meeting and $1,000 each for two research administrators for the National Meeting.
The criteria for each of the Travel Awards is as follows:
- The nominees must be research administrators from the Region II geographic area who have never attended a Region II Regional meeting (for the Regional Meeting Travel Award) or a NCURA National Meeting (for the National Meeting Travel Award). Region II includes: Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- The Travel Awards will reimburse expenses for meeting registration, travel and hotel costs. The awardees are responsible for making their own travel and room reservations as well as registering for the meeting.
- The nominees are not required to be members of NCURA at the time of nomination. If recipients are not already members, they will be required to join NCURA as part of their registration for the Regional Meeting or Annual Meeting.
- Self-nominations are permitted. All nominations must include at least one letter of support from the nominee’s supervisor.
- Selection of the awardees will be determined by the Region II Steering Committee based on perceived need and benefit to the nominees and their institutions. The Committee’s decision is final.
- The awardees are expected to stay for the duration of the Regional Meeting (April 30 – May 3, 2017) or the Annual Meeting (August 6 – 9, 2017) as applicable. Each awardee must submit a report to the Committee via e-mail to Erin Bailey on his/her regional meeting or annual meeting experiences within 30 days following the meeting in order to receive their reimbursement.