Assistant Director for Post-Award Services
LaGuardia Community College, CUNY
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Grants Development Office of LaGuardia Community College seeks an Assistant Director for Post-award Services. Reporting to the Director of Grants Development and exercising independent judgment, the incumbent is responsible for managing day-to-day post-award sponsored programs activity for the College. Working closely with the Assistant Director for Pre-award Services, the incumbent provides support for related compliance activities, data collection and reporting.
• Oversees post-award activities from award set-up to closeout, including onboarding of new projects, purchasing, personnel, effort reporting, budget modification and project reporting;
• Ensure compliance in post-award activity and assist with maintaining audit-compliant records;
• Monitors budget review and modification processes and collects data in support of funded
project progress reviews;
• Assists with budget development and review at the pre-award stage, as necessary;
• Acts as a resource to program directors and staff throughout award implementation;
• Disseminates College, University and Research Foundation policies governing sponsored
• Assists with the development and delivery of post-award training programs for faculty and
• Follows up on missing data or other materials needed for finalizing contract terms, budgets or
other tasks related to proposal submissions;
• Coordinates with the Research Foundation to set up fund accounts;
• Oversees award tracking systems and ensures data accuracy for reporting;
• Collects and analyzes statistical and other quantitative data and drafts comprehensive
• Serves as point of contact with other College departments and external organizations;
• Manages and trains program and administrative staff;
• Participates in relevant professional activities and personal development in the field.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, including but not limited to assisting with Pre-award Services.
• Strong knowledge of grants and sponsored programs administration, including cost accounting
standards for sponsored projects, Federal agency guidelines and the Uniform Guidance;
• Strong knowledge of office software applications such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
knowledge of MS Access preferred;
• Knowledge of key office technology; ability to master systems for tracking sponsored
• Ability to work independently and to support a team;
• Ability to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume work
• Ability to resolve problems in a calm and effective manner; ability to provide quality service;
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies; ability to write clearly and
• Knowledgeable about data collection and strategies for conveying data to decision makers;
• Familiarity with CUNY Research Foundation policies and procedures preferred.
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, and at least five years (5) of related
professional experience; AND
• Possession of the core competencies determined to be required at the time of hire.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Go to RFCUNY website (https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=LA-1703-001735)
and search for PVN #: LA-1703-001235.
2. Please attach a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional
ABOUT LaGUARDIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE:
LaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle, “Dare To Do More”, reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community and our country can become. Visit www.laguardia.edu to learn more.