Uniform Guidance for the Researcher
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
(Continental Breakfast — 8:30 am)
325 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
Course Description: To deliver on the promise of a 21st-Century government that is more efficient, effective and transparent, the Federal government has streamlined its guidance on Administrative Requirements and Cost Principles for Federal Awards. This streamlining initiative is called the Uniform Guidance and was released on December 26, 2013. The release of the Uniform Guidance and subsequent agency implementation impacts existing institutional policies, federal sponsor guidelines, and the terms and conditions expressed in federal awards. This session is designed to provide researchers important information on the changes incorporated in the Uniform Guidance, how these changes impact research administration policies and procedures, and familiarize them with the Uniform Guidance.
• Provide an overview of the Uniform Guidance;
• Provide insight into the cost principles of reasonable, allocable, and allowable;
• Learn new procurement requirements;
• Discuss vendor versus subrecipient determination criteria;
• Highlight technical reporting requirements;
• Share subrecipient monitoring strategies, and
• Explore real life case scenarios using recent investigations and audits.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of allowability of costs on sponsored research projects.
Who Should Attend:
Departmental Research Administrators
Central Office Research Administrators