Hot Topics in Research Compliance
Friday, February 14, 2020
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Continental Breakfast – 8:00 am)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Training Room: 135 A/B
33 Knightsbridge Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Course Description: So you understand the core competencies of research administration – now what? How do you apply these concepts to your daily life as Departmental, Pre-award or Post-award administrator in today’s world? What do the audits at other institutions tell you about what you should be looking for at your institution? How are other institutions changing their practices to keep pace with changes in the regulations?
Current “hot topics” case studies, which have been constructed using real life scenarios, serve as the core of thought-provoking workshop. Participants will apply the foundational principles of the Uniform Guidance, federal regulations and common institutional policies and procedures to work through the many shades of grey that make up the research administration kaleidoscope. This promises to be a lively, highly interactive experience that will allow attendees to learn from the instructors as well as the other attendees.
- Participants will learn the differences between the various types of audit, review and investigation;
- Participants will learn strategies to identify current national hot topics;
- Participants will engage in the thought provoking real life case studies;
- Participants will gain an understanding of how to keep an institution’s own policies, procedures and processes from being an audit risk.
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of the Uniform Guidance and over three years’ experience in research administration.
Who Should Attend?
- Pre-Award Administrators
- Post-Award Administrators
- Departmental Administrators
- Internal Auditors