Region II is pleased to announce a call for nominations for the positions of Chair-Elect, Treasurer-Elect, and Secretary. Officer candidates must:
- Have been Region II members for a minimum of one year;
- Appear on the official NCURA membership roster;
- Have NCURA-related experience;
- Have a known interest in Region II affairs; and
- Be willing to serve, if elected
Commitment: Three Years
- 1-year as Chair-Elect, beginning on January 1, 2022
- 1-year as Chair, beginning on January 1, 2023
- 1-year as Immediate Past Chair, beginning on January 1, 2024
Chair-Elect: Chairs the Volunteer and Membership Development Committee. Serves as Region II’s Volunteer Coordinator. Serves as ex-officio member of the Region II Steering Committee.
Chair: Serves as chief executive officer of the Region. Serves as Chair of the Regional Steering Committee. Supports and encourages activities of the Region’s Standing Committees, as well as the overall day-to-day operations of the Region.
Immediate Past Chair: Serves as Chair of the Leadership Development and Nominating Committee. Serves as ex-officio member of the Region II Steering Committee.
Commitment: Four Years
- 1-year as Treasurer-Elect, beginning on January 1, 2022
- 2-years as Treasurer, beginning on January 1, 2023
- 1-year as Immediate Past Treasurer, beginning on January 1, 2025
Treasurer-Elect: Assists the Treasurer with the management of financial activities of the Region. Serves as ex-officio member of the Region II Steering Committee.
Treasurer: Serves as chief financial officer of the Region. Prepares and maintains financial reports on behalf of the Region. Administers registrations for the annual Fall meeting and other Regional programs, including the Professional Development Committee. Serves as Chair of the Site Selection Committee. Serves as ex-officio member of the Region II Steering Committee.
Commitment: 1-year, beginning on January 1, 2022
Primary Responsibilities: Records minutes of Regional Steering Committee and all Business Meetings, and maintains the other non-financial records of the Region. Serves as Chair of the Communications Committee and has primary responsibility for leading communication efforts on behalf of the Region. Serves as ex-officio member of the Region II Steering Committee.
Full descriptions of each Officer position can be found in the Region II Administrative Policies & Procedures.
The Nomination Process
Nominations may be made on your own behalf, or on behalf of someone else, and should include:
- Nominee’s name and contact information
- Short statement of why the nominee would succeed in the role of the nominated position
- Brief description of nominee’s past NCURA activities
Nominations should be sent to Katie McKeon, Immediate Past Chair and Chair of the Region II Leadership Development and Nominating Committee (LDNC), at email@example.com. Nominations will be accepted through 5 pm on October 15, 2021.
Following the close of nominations, nominees will be asked if they agree to stand for election pending the final selection of candidates. Those who are interested will then be asked to submit a brief Statement of Interest and CV.
The LDNC will review candidates for each of the positions, and the final slate will be confirmed by the Regional Steering Committee. The ballot will then be released to the Regional Membership for a vote.
This is a great opportunity for Region II members to assume a leadership role within the Region, and to contribute to our professional association.