Region II Travel Award Options
Region II offers both Annual (Washington, D.C., August) and Fall (location varies) travel awards.
- 2018 Annual Meeting
- 2018 Fall Meeting (link coming soon)
NCURA 2018 Annual Meeting
August 5-8, 2018
Award: Two travel awards of $1,000 will be awarded to Region II members to reimburse recipients for the cost of registration, travel, hotel or related expenses. Recipients are selected based on nominations received by the deadline and considered by the Region’s Leadership Development and Nominating Committee and the Steering Committee. In addition to attending the entirety of the NCURA National Meeting, recipients must provide a report of their experience at that meeting and a reimbursement request before the travel award will be paid.
Eligibility: Nominees must be research administrators from the Region II geographic area who have never attended a NCURA National Meeting. Nominees are not required to be members of NCURA at the time of nomination, but will be required to join as part of the registration fee for the meeting; self-nominations are permitted.
Process: Complete and submit this form with a letter of support from the nominee’s supervisor to Timothy Schailey, Chair, Leadership Development and Nominating Committee (email@example.com) by June 15, 2018. Nominees will be notified by July 6, 2018.
- The nominees must be research administrators from the Region II geographic area who have never attended an NCURA national meeting. Region II includes: Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- The Travel Awards will reimburse expenses of up to $1,000 for meeting registration, travel and hotel costs. The awardees are responsible for making their own travel and room reservations as well as registering for the meeting.
- The nominees are not required to be members of NCURA at the time of nomination. If recipients are not already members, they will be required to join NCURA as part of their registration for the Annual Meeting.
- Self-nominations are permitted. All nominations must include at least one letter of support from the nominee’s supervisor.
- Selection of the awardees will be determined by the Region II Steering Committee based on perceived need and benefit to the nominees and benefit to the nominee’s institution. The Committee’s decision is final.
- The deadline for receipt of nominations is June 15, 2018. The awardees will be notified by July 6, 2018. A complete nomination application consists of the nomination form and support letter. They should be sent together as e-mail attachments to Timothy Schailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The awardees are expected to stay for the duration of the annual meeting (August 5 to 8, 2018) and each awardee must submit a report to the Committee via e-mail to Timothy Schailey (email@example.com) on his/her annual meeting experiences within 30 days following the meeting in order to receive their reimbursement.