National Travel Awards 2020
Award: Up to five (5) registrations to the virtual 2020 NCURA Annual Meeting will be awarded to Region II research administrators. Recipients are selected based on nominations received by the deadline and considered by the Region’s Leadership Development and Nominating Committee, as well as the Region II Steering Committee. In addition to attending the entirety of the Annual Meeting, recipients must provide a report of their experience at that meeting within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the 2020 Annual Meeting.
Eligibility: Nominees must be research administrators from the Region II geographic. Nominees are not required to be members of NCURA at the time of nomination, but, if not members, will be registered as such by Region II. Self-nominations are permitted.
Process: Complete and submit the updated Application Form with a letter of support from the nominee’s supervisor to the Chair of the Leadership Development and Nominating Committee, Charles Bartunek, at email@example.com.
- The nominees must be research administrators from the Region II geographic area who have never attended an NCURA national meeting. Region II includes: Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- The Travel Award will be the amount of the appropriate registration tier for each awardee, to be paid directly by Region II to the NCURA National Office.
- The nominees are not required to be members of NCURA at the time of nomination. If recipients are not already members, they will be registered as such by Region II through registration to the Annual Meeting.
- Self-nominations are permitted. All nominations must include at least one letter of support from the nominee’s supervisor.
- Selection of the awardees will be determined by the Region II Steering Committee based on perceived need and benefit to the nominees and benefit to the nominee’s institution. The Committee’s decision is final.
- A complete nomination application consists of the updated Application Form and support letter.
- The awardees are expected to virtually attend the duration of the 2020 Annual Meeting, and each awardee must submit a report to the Leadership Development and Nominating Committee via e-mail on their Annual Meeting experiences within thirty (30) days.