Region II gives back to its members…we heard you and created Region II’s first Program Development Committee that provides programming tailored to educational opportunities requested by our members. Host a workshop and take advantage of this unique offering — the return on investment is priceless!
Region II is seeking institutions to host workshops in 2019
Workshop topics now available include:
- NEW! Advanced Topics in Uniform Guidance (Advanced)
- Hot Topics in Research Compliance (Advanced)
- Building Blocks for Research Administration (Beginner)
- Intellectual Property Management (Intermediate)
- The Alphabet Soup of NIH Training and Career Development Awards (Beginner)
- Advanced Issues in A-21, A-110 and A-133 (Advanced)
- Uniform Guidance — For the Researcher
- Uniform Guidance — It’s Here, It’s Now
- Contracts: Common Issues and Best Practices for All Sponsor Types
- Research Administration at Predominantly Undergraduate Institutions: Doing It All, Gracefully
- Clinical Trials: What You Need To Know To Be Successful
Region’s II Professional Development Workshops are an outstanding new resource serving the specific needs of our research and sponsored programs professions.
Region II’s workshops:
- provide detailed information that participants will be able to use immediately
- focus on current general and specific topics in research and sponsored projects administration
- are presented by recognized leaders in research and sponsored projects administration from Region II
- foster local networks of colleagues
- are cost-effective, one-day events offered in locales where participants will not require overnight travel
Hosting entails local scheduling and coordination, assistance with registration, pre-event photocopying, and parking arrangements. The workshop requires a conference room accommodating up to 75 participants at round tables, projector and Internet access, and ample space for the presenters to interact with the audience. Lunch is included, available either nearby or in the presentation room.
Host organizations receive two free workshop registrations or one free conference registration to the Region II Fall Meeting ($350.00 value) if the region does not incur a financial loss for any workshop.
The Region II PDC provides the workshop and its presenters, manages registration and promotion, and works closely with the host institution.
Chair: David Schultz
AVP, Research Administration
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Email: David Schultz
Co-Chair: Tolise Dailey
Johns Hopkins University
Email: Tolise Dailey